• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 236B3 no aux hydraulic option?

Evening Digger

Just purchased a 2010 236B3. I'm a Bobcat guy and not familiar with Cat. It's plumbed for auxillary hydraulics but I can't figure out how to operate them. There's a rocker switch on the right joystick that looks suspicious. Is this supposed to operate the circuit?

Evening Digger

Appears from online reading the rocker switch on the RH joystick should operate the circuit. Seems like I have an electrical issue at this point. Anyone have any info on the wiring of this thing?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
As per my learned friend above, Serial Number gets you the correct electrical schematic and everything else follows on from that. Model years mean very little for Cat machines - Serial Number is everything.

Do you have an operator manual for it.? You can download a genuine version from Cat in Adobe pdf format for $66. Contains loads of useful maintenance information, fluids, etc, etc, also.
I can walk you through the procedure if you want to buy one.

upload_2020-1-11_8-5-5.png

Evening Digger

Thanks for the info on the online manual source. The serial no is 0236BTA9H00540.

When I operate the rocker switch I don't hear the engine/pump load up at all.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I don't know about that model specifically but on older models, Cat likes to make to do two are three things at the same time in order to make the aux function work. Sometimes there is also a harness connector mounted with the quick couplers on the boom that has to connect with some wires to whatever attachment you use before the function will work. The operator manual is the key to how it works. You might check YouTube for a video on that as well.