• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 236b work lights won’t come on

Curtis Graves

Hoping for some help here. I have a CAT 236b skid steer and the lights on the front and rear have stopped working. The rocker switches still glow when turned on but the lights will not come on. I have checked the fuse box and the fuses are good. Is there a relay or something else? I’ve looked for a schematic for the Lightning and haven’t been able to find one. Thanks!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
For the schematic of a 236b, it's the RENR6419-06 download in post #4 here...
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/cat-287b-back-up-alarm-switch.75040/

This would assume when you say it's a 236B it is just a plane 236B and not a 236B2 or 236B3.

Always very important to give as much details as possible, full S/N is the best. That is unless the machine was stolen and the FBI was told the S/N by the guy you stole it from:eek:

There appear to be at least 5 or 6 wiring schematics for the various 236B machines depending on the actual S/N if you take in to account the different versions of the 236B's like the 2 and 3.

I'd start by opening up the non-working lights and check for voltage with switch on. Sometimes no one complains about failed lights till the last one quits working!

Curtis Graves

I’ll get the serial number and post it in a bit. I actually broke all of the lights off over time and decided to replace all 4 of them so that’s not the case. Also have checked voltage at the connectors and nothing. I took the console apart and checked the wiring at the rocker switches and it all good as well.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Okay so if you have power out of the rockers but none at the light end of wires seville009's pet mice might be the problem!