• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 226 KOBOTA SWAP

Scenicrusier

Occupation
Retired, but still got to make a living
I sure hope some folks out there will reply as I have great interest in this subject.

Mike

PEVO

Id search the net for suppliers that fab adapters to marry different engines to trannys etc. I see ppl repowering jeeps and other small 4x4s to reto fit v2203s into them all the time. I can speak from recent experience with a v2203 repower. But to be fair it replaced a tired v1702 in my bobcat 743. So with the exception of alot of trade outs from one long block to another (minus the intake, injectors, lift pump and injector pump) in dropped in. Oh the main mount on back of engine needed redrilling to mount to the 2203 from the 1702. this also holds the starter. The v2203(non turbo) is WAY more powerful than the 1702 (36hp-vs-51hp). Also you barely bump the starter and the 2203 fires right up. These kubotas are popping up everywhere from salvaged OTR reefer units. got mine for $2k. Im in the process of repainting my bobcat ...cat yellow hence the yellow engine in pic. Its now going to be a BOB...CAT. That should mind f**k some ppl :)

Attachments

• 20190409_193500[1].jpg
    20190409_193500[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 20190728_144848[1].jpg
    20190728_144848[1].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 51

charles walton

I am going to try and make the swap soon, I hope that someone who's already done it will chime in and tell me how easy it will be. Cat would not even so much as try to find a used block for me, there's no telling how many they have sold for scrap that I could have used.

Tyler d4c

Contact weavers compact tractor they will get you a block be much better off fixing to oem in my book anyway

Last edited:

charles walton

I checked with Weaver's and everywhere else that I could find and no one has a block or a used engine. I have found some 3024c for $6k+ but I don't know if they are a drop in or not, I am undecided on what to do with the machine at this point.