• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 225 plumbing for thumb

j.urian

Hi everyone

I want to build a hydraulic thumb for my 225. I noticed there’s an auxiliary line on the boom I’m guessing I can use for the power? But I’m not sure how to control it from within the cab or what type of cylinder that would be compatible with this machine. Does anyone have experience with this

Thank you

Justin

I just pulled home a 205 today. Won't get off the trailer now...starter... On this one there is a lever by your rt elbow when in the seat and a adjustible pressure relief valve between the boom and cab. But there is not a thumb on it, just capped lines, so I am not 100%sure.

scottwolowich

If there are auxillary lines running to the stick then I would look around for some controls in the cab. Look for foot pedals, a thumb control (not sure what year this is).

Is the 225 more sized like a 330 or bigger? This 205 is equivalent to a 311. I have installed a few hyd thumbs just be sure to have an adjustible reliefs. As for a cylinder set it up so the thumb is fully retracted when not used.

j.urian

I believe the 225 is equivalent to a 320? I’m not sure the year but the serial is 76u3447

skyking1

you need a pair of lines to work with. On the 225, the factory control was a pistol trigger on the right grip and i think a thumb button to retract.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
There is full information on line how to control a thumb go excatech.org - library - adapted applications a number of versions just make a choice attached is the pedal version.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• ThumbPedalControl .pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 28