• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 2017 259d loses power and is sluggish

Cgray

Got the fuse block back together and still no power to the fuel priming pump

heymccall

I has to wonder, where are you grounding your multimeter when voltage testing?

However you have to rig it, the multimeter ground needs to be on the battery negative. If that then shows good voltage at the fuse panel, then R&R the ground strap at the back of the cab, making sure all contact surfaces are clean from corrosion.

Cgray

I’m touching the red pin at the priming pump and the black(ground) to the battery and no power.

Cgray

I has to wonder, where are you grounding your multimeter when voltage testing?

However you have to rig it, the multimeter ground needs to be on the battery negative. If that then shows good voltage at the fuse panel, then R&R the ground strap at the back of the cab, making sure all contact surfaces are clean from corrosion.
I’m not getting good voltage to the fuse block

heymccall

No argument over fuel pump not having power.
The grounding the meter to the battery negative was in regards to the low voltage at the fuse panel.

Cgray

No argument over fuel pump not having power.
The grounding the meter to the battery negative was in regards to the low voltage at the fuse panel.
11.76 v at the battery terminals, behind the cab on the fuse block studs, reading 11.5 when key is on, (ground is attached to the battery ground). Also the 3 studs below the fuse block reading 11.7 same as battery

Cgray

found the problem, the pin that plugs into the back of the fuse block to accept the fuse leg in the front, needed to be spread open to put more pressure on the fuse leg

Cgray

Yes, it’s new, it came with the new priming pump. It primes fine and filled the water separator as it should have