• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 2005 277B

Sherman

Occupation
Self Employed
Okay folks; I bought a used (extremely used) skid steer. Runs strong all the basic inspections checked out. Questions are: 1. what are all the switches for? I can post pictures. (I can operate all the functions, but still don't have an understanding of the "triggers" and buttons on the joy sticks) 2. A/C has all the components but will not "kick" on. The dryer is rusted and the shrader valve appears to be "shot". How difficult is it to replace hoses and such? 3. Are the compressors a major issue? I was told by several drunk and lame mechanics that the compressors are pretty "bullet proof". 4. The right pilot control is leaking. Is there an "after market" kit to repair the joy stick seals? CAT want an arm and two kids for parts.
Thanks in advance.
Sherman

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sounds as though you need an Operation & Maintenance Manual. All the asnwers you need plus many more titbits of operation/maintenance info.

What's the Serial Number of your machine.? I imagine it is an MDH-prefix if it's a 277B
I can walk you through the process to download a pdf version. Cost is around $50 which is cheaper than most of the (years-old) paper ones you will find on eBay are selling for..

Sherman

Occupation
Self Employed
Quick question: Do think if I purchased a "metric" O ring kit, I could get one to fit my pilot assembly? Mine is leaking and CAT is extremely expensive. I had a mechanic look at it and he was of absolutely no help. He even broke the damn thing (handle rod with the U joint). Got a used unit and no good. Used just the handle. Plus now there is a lot of slack in the motion. Basically it is worse now than before the mechanic arrived.

Sherman

Occupation
Self Employed
I found some aftermarket "buttons" and seals. $100.00 gamble. I think they are coming from Uranus as they won't be here until October 3rd. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Tyler d4c

Quick question: Do think if I purchased a "metric" O ring kit, I could get one to fit my pilot assembly? Mine is leaking and CAT is extremely expensive. I had a mechanic look at it and he was of absolutely no help. He even broke the damn thing (handle rod with the U joint). Got a used unit and no good. Used just the handle. Plus now there is a lot of slack in the motion. Basically it is worse now than before the mechanic arrived.
All you have to do is change the mini lip seals on the spools i have the number for them at the shop. Sorry I know im a bit late on this one.