• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 2 Way dozer

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Hmmmm thats a new one on me , I hope some one has more info on that, looks interesting

cr500

The advantage of these over a straight dozer is that the dozer can nose up to the side of the ore bin on a ship and scape all of the ore out from around the edges. It does 95% of its work as a normal dozer, but cleans up around the edges with the back blade.

Deas Plant

In-trestin.

Hi, Northart.
That gadget reminds me of a jigger that 'Kummagutsa' came out with a few years ago. What they had was basically a dozer blade that you could tip far enough back to allow it to be used more like a loader bucket but without the lift height of a loader. I seem to remember that they called it a 'shovel-dozer'. They reckoned its big virtue was that you could carry material for some distance without the spillage that goes with pushing it.

That gadget though seems to be mainly designed for getting material out of tight corners, such as ships holds like you mentioned.

Thanks for sharing.

Northart

Dozer Blades ?

Well here is the link direct from Caterpillar. Click on 2 way blade .

Okay missed a step there. Click on Blades on the left side. it will then take you there, to 2 way blades, and other blades.

http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=37901&x=7

Hello Deas Plant,

The carry dozer concept has been around a while I see.:)

Check out this website. The Raygo Wagner pusher.

www.alliedsystems.com

Follow the Product lines, to Wagner,then chip dozer,or coal dozer.

CatYelloBlooded

Occupation
Shop Mechanic
Cat sells an option for their trackloaders called a shiphold where they have that same blade assembly on the front of say a 963D. Seems like that would be much more productive with the better visibility. Anyone ever operated down in a shiphold? Around here they use 246Bs to clean coal out of barges.

JimInOz

Trimming Dozer Blade

That's a Trimming Dozer Blade...often seen on little Mitsubishi & Komatsu crawlers.I've never seen one as large as the picture.
Used for cleaning out shipholds loaded with coal,grain,etc.
Well built,but bloody useless in most applications.

Jim

sbacon

3rdGenDslWrench

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic/ Truck Mechanic/Aut
I used to work for the port of Baltimore where they stockpiled the deicing salt and they had 7 D5Ms with that set up. You cant get up in the corners of the ship holds with a regular dozer to pull back the material for the cranes to grab. All but one of ours was hand made by our fabrication shop. They bought the first one from Cat and blue printed it and built the rest for the other dozers.
I ran one for a day because the ship crew was short handed, its a lot harder on your neck than running a regular dozer with the blade being like this. But yea its pretty useless for anything else other than loose material.