• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 1973 815 Hydraulic Issues

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Cat 815 S/N: 91P00572

Machine won’t turn and blade won’t move. Drives forward and back just fine. Hydraulic oil is overfilled, I can see it at the bottom of the filler neck.

I don’t know where to start troubleshooting or testing pressures. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
What's the background.? Did the steering/implements simply quit suddenly or were they getting worse over time unilt they quit.?

The two systems use a common 2-section pump, so maybe that would be the first place to start looking. If the loss of function happened suddenly could be a broken pump shaft.? Attached are a few docs that might be useful.

Attachments

• Strg & Impl SysOp.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • Strg & Impl T&A.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Operator was going along fine, then suddenly lost all blade and steering operation. I'll look at these documents and check out the 2-section pump to start with. Thank you