• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 140G

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
I am needing the air line diagram for a Cat 140G brake valve if anyone has a photo or a link I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

walkerv

Ok I will take a picture of what I can and see if I can find something on the plumbing when I get home . What exactly are you trying to figure out ? And if you have been here long enough what is your serial number ? Mine is a pretty old machine so it may not be the same as yours

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Thank you for any help you can provide. I replaced the brake valve on a 140G and now it acts like it's locked up, you can't push the brake pedal down. I just want to make sure the lines are correct or if valve may be defective. The serial number is 72V07538 if that helps you.

walkerv

Here is a couple pictures of my brake valve . If you have all the air tanks empty no air in the system and the pedal still won't move you have something assembled wrong or the valve is crap. It is the same kinda valve as a semi truck if airline is hooked up wrong I'm pretty sure it would be exhausting air all the time . There is an adjustment on my piece that contacts the brake valve plunger if it doesn't have a slight gap the plunger will be pressed slightly cuasing a brake drag issue .

Attachments

• IMG_20171230_152434_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20171230_152434_hdr.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20171230_152452_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20171230_152452_hdr.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 41

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Not sure if this will tell you anything but here is a schematic for a 72V 140G if you know your S/N I could see what I can find for that.72V brakes.png

kshansen

Occupation
Here's the full file on the brake system systems operation:

Attachments

• 140G MOTOR GRADER 72V04231-10333.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 37

walkerv

Here's the full file on the brake system systems operation:
Hope that helps him out I didn't get a chance to get into sis yet with my 140g so I just glanced thru the file you posted looks like I have a fun project in the future with mine .when You step on brake pedal air shoots out the left chain case dipstick\vent. Don't look bad but don't look the funnest specially as my tires are foam filled and mega heavy

kshansen

Occupation
Hope that helps him out I didn't get a chance to get into sis yet with my 140g so I just glanced thru the file you posted looks like I have a fun project in the future with mine .when You step on brake pedal air shoots out the left chain case dipstick\vent. Don't look bad but don't look the funnest specially as my tires are foam filled and mega heavy

I think the first thing to check would be which brake is causing the leak. You could disconnect and cap one at a time to see which one is the problem.

I looked through some of the step and it does look like a job you would want to set aside a couple days for the first time. And have machine nice and clean to start, that always makes a job go faster and better!

walkerv

I think the first thing to check would be which brake is causing the leak. You could disconnect and cap one at a time to see which one is the problem.

I looked through some of the step and it does look like a job you would want to set aside a couple days for the first time. And have machine nice and clean to start, that always makes a job go faster and better!
i figure if i have to get into it the whole side is going to be resealed and repaired followed by the other side i think my serial number is near the op's it like a 1988 grader with 1780 hrs on it probably would have more hrs on it if it had power but i already have a thread started on that i just havent got too diagnosing and fixxing a couple known problems yet

kshansen

Occupation
i figure if i have to get into it the whole side is going to be resealed and repaired followed by the other side i think my serial number is near the op's it like a 1988 grader with 1780 hrs on it probably would have more hrs on it if it had power but i already have a thread started on that i just havent got too diagnosing and fixxing a couple known problems yet
That sounds like a good idea! Once it is apart far enough to reseal on brake on the left it would be just a bit more work and a few seals or gaskets more to do the other one.

I know I always hate doing a job twice to just save a few dollars!

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Hey Guys sorry I haven't been on lately but I've had some medical issues. Thanks for all y'all help and the photos and diagrams that you have shared. When I can get back to the machine I will check everything out and see what happens.

walkerv

Hey Guys sorry I haven't been on lately but I've had some medical issues. Thanks for all y'all help and the photos and diagrams that you have shared. When I can get back to the machine I will check everything out and see what happens.
When you get into it let us know what you find wrong no hurries

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Hey guys I finally got to get back to this machine. Thanks for all the help that y’all have provided. I removed the new brake valve to check the fitting alignment. I also will have to remove the pedal as it’s froze up in the pivot. The ports I’m using are all four of the supply ports and two delivery ports the other two del. ports are blocked.

Last edited: