• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 120 B

Tugger2

Does anyone have an opinion on a Cat 120, its around 1992 around 7000 hours showing. Were they a decent machine? Im looking for something that size for part time excavator use on my own jobs. I dont want to lay out the cash for something newer like a 135 as i dont put a lot of hours on the machine. Having a counterweight sticking out isnt a big deal and they look like a simple machine to look after.

Tags

They were pretty solid units, I'm fairly certain it was very similar to Mitsubishi 120 excavators, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I know the Mitsubishis were next to impossible to kill and Cat bought them in the late 80's. I would just give it a good once over, same old story, if it had decent, consistent maintenance it'll show.

Tugger2

I had forgotten the the Cat Mitsubishi connection. Used to see some old Mitsubishi s out in the bush beat to death and still going as backspar machines. Thanks for your input.