• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case W24B Allison transmission parts

candor

Hi,

could someone let me know where to find parts for Allison transmission TT2421-1 model. It goes on my old case loader W24B. I enclosed 2 pictures showing parts that need replacement or rebuild.

I am located in Montreal, Canada.

Thanks,

Attachments

• P1040532 email2.jpg
    P1040532 email2.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 4,725
  • 068 transmission turbine driven gears and freewheel unit worddoc.doc
    54 KB · Views: 545

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Candor: try SEWL/ Schaefer parts in Ill. The company I work for deals with them all the time. They have excellent quality used parts for Case Equipment. You can find them on the web here http://www.sewlparts.com/

jimmydeloro

Occupation
Self employed HD mechanic
Allison transmission parts

I have rebuilt many of those transmissions, a common failure is the overrunning clutch as you have shown. Let me know if you are still looking for help. I used to live in Montreal.

trackjoe

schaefer enterprises is a good choice. they recon allison and clark series trans in house, as well as recon jd, case and cummins engines, and provide used parts for all as well, saved me alot of dt in the past, hope this helps! 800-626-6046

mwceng

Occupation
fitter and turner, boiler maker
Hi,
I have a Allison TT2221-1 in a Scoopmobile, transmission is slipping. Moves slow and very weak, has good oil pressure and clutch release valve is Ok. I think it may be the overrunning clutch that is the problem, can anyone help with information as to removing the converter to gain access to the clutch.

Located in Gippsland, Australia

Thanks

jmatthai

Occupation
Operations Manager
The TT transmissions were used in many applications. UST offers complete transmissions and parts for these units.
To access the overrunning clutch, you must go through the front cover and dismantle converter piece by piece. Once converter pieces are removed from housing, you can unbolt the converter housing. After converter housing has been removed, you will have access to the overrunning clutch. You will most likely need the sprag gear, cam, cage, springs, pins, rollers. These parts are rarely avialble used becasue it was the weak link on this transmission. Aftermarket parts are in stock. You would be looking at roughly $1200.00 in parts to repair the sprag and reseal the transmission. jmatthai@ustransinc.com

stondad

Occupation
Truck Driver
If anyone has a TT2421-1 trans out at the moment, I would be very grateful if you could measure and let me know the PCD of the bellhousing bolt holes so I can identify what SAE bellhousing it is.
Ours is in a Fiat-Allis 645-B.
We need a cheap "runner" 4-71 GM for this loader so if anyone has one for sale.............
It was re-powered with the GM many years ago and we don't want to "re-convert" it back to the original Allis-Chalmers engine.
Looking from the flywheel, the starter and exhaust are on the LHS and the blower is on the RHS.
I can't rely on the existing engine spec plate because I was told there were some bits swapped from another dead engine to this one when it was installed and (you guessed it) the plate was not amended.
It would be lovely to find one in Oz but if you have the right one and can crate and dispatch it, we will do the export/import from anywhere.
Cheers. Maurie.

zlssefi

Hi Candor,
I was wondering if you could give me a little info on my w-20B wheel loader. It has the 2221-1 allison in it and i think i may have a problem pulling air in the transmission oil circuit. Obviously you have your transmission apart,how tough is it to get to the suction tube in that trans? can it be done through the inspection plates in the bottom of the transmission? all i need to do is check the nut at the top of the tube for secureness. Also, how noisy in general is your w-24? my w-20B has a noise under the floorboard that fluctuates with the throttle and i was wondering if that is normal??