• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case tv380 SCR failure, gonna send it

denalidigger

We have a 2017 tv380 and love it but abaout every 3 months the scr failure pops up and it goes into limp mode.. Its the sensor in the muffler. They come and replace it but dang im down for a day or till they fix it.. Today marks the 5th time the same sensor went out.. Anybody having this on the case ctl's?? Im about to lemon law this thing!!

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have a 2017 TR340. Same machine except the radial lift instead of vertical. I have not had any down time in the first 500 hours. I really like it, thing has been rock solid so far. I would speak to your service manager and him call CASE with your issues, he needs to see how many of these failures they are having and see if they have updated sensor. There are a number of SCR CASE loaders out in this area, I can ask our service manager if he knows anything about issues with the sensor.

denalidigger

Yea this is only issue! We had a tr340 and never had an issue. My salesman is talking with service manager and case tomorrow. Very frustrating!

partsandservice

The malfunction is likely in the wiring to the sensor. I would concentrate on the plug especially on the harness side . Could be that each time they replace the sensor they temporary rejuvenate the connection.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Sensor in the muffler is a rather vague description.
I have had bad NOX sensors before, but not 5 in a row. Seems like there is more to the issue than a sensors. Perhaps wiring, or perhaps they are installing the wrong sensor (although the nox sensors all kinda look the same, they are not all the same) This can happen due to parts book issues. The serial number breaks are not as easy to decipher anymore, and the part program may not bring up the correct manual with the serial number.

denalidigger

update, Its done it again... The dealer finally switched out entire muffler and scr sensors.. CROSSING fingers, thanks epa tree huggers