• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case TV380 Loader Fuse and Relay Panel

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Product ID # JAFTV380LHM434062
Ser# NHM434062
This is an Alpha Series compact track loader. Unit shut down completely on customer. No instrumentation panel working.
Checked the small micro size 10 amp fuse that feeds the instrumentation panel, and it was blown. Repaced and unit fired up but fuse blew again 2 minutes later. Changed again and gone in 2 minutes. Checked schematic and main power relay feeds the instrument cluster fuse that blew 3 times.
So pulled out relay that has such tiny little pins, took my O-ring pick and tightened all the connections that the 5 pin relay pushes into. Put relay back in and unit ran 4 hours straight. This machine has only 1000 hours but vibrates quite a lot, and owner runs it quite slowly. I tested it for 10 minutes moving snow and was flawless.
Would like to build a quality relay breakout adapter that I have for larger pin relays. So that I can hold relay and test for current through contacts, as well as for burnt out terminals inside relay. These little relay pin connections tend to like to come loose.
Anyone know how this relay panel is secured so as to be able to twist it outwards to get better access for testing? I could feel 2 about 10MM head bolts on the back side that maybe holds it in place.
Very hard to get at and work on.. Looking for part number for these 5 pin relays, maybe dealer will have some, or does anyone have alternate source.
Will buy 3 of them if decent priced and not cheap ones.
Any information or test harness tool available would be appreciated.
Simon C

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
That was the load on that circuit. It blew both extra fuses within 2-3 minutes which tells you that the circuit was drawing probably 8.5 amps plus. If it was a short it would of blown immediately.
When you push in a 5 pin relay you do not know if 1 or 2 pins are slightly loose which will cause heat at that connection to send a standard 7 amp load to the point of finally failing a few minutes later.
It ran 4 hours straight after I tightened the relay base plug, and I even shook the bucket hard 5 times to see if it would drop out and all okay.
Owner ran couple more hours, no problem.
Will see what next week or two brings. Working for now.
Simon C