• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case tr320 really testing my patience

jsw development

I wish I had done more research before purchasing my used tr320 at the beginning of the year

eh controls even after the not-free “update” are the worst I’ve ever experienced. Cycle times for curl is agonizing and the machine hates to multifunction. Want to curl while moving forward? Be prepared to wait.

Had a fire at the fuse box that we caught early. After researching it seems to be common. Case won’t replace the fuse box, they want to put the whole harness in.

Finally, without giving too many details, the machine blew a hydraulic line that goes to the wheel motor. This causes the machine to puke the entire contents of the hydro system onto the ground. Then to fix the hydros, you have to lift the cab. The geniuses at case decided the cab should tilt forward, which you can’t do with the loader arm down. So to fix it on site, you need another machine and another set of hands to catch the hydro oil from the lift cylinder. After finally getting the cab up and locating the leak, it seems the drive motor hoses make a turn against a sharp metal edge.

Any other cursed machines I should avoid like the plague? Actually rented a bobcat T750 and was envious of the loader cycle times. Envious of a Doosan, I mean Bobcat?!? Sad sad time in our stable.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
What year is it? I am guessing an early one. Do you have the EZ/EH program? If you do the cycle times can increased. I run everything on High. If you have EZ/EH and don't know how to change the speed I can walk you through it. As far as blowing a hose and dumping all the hyd oil, that is kinda what happens when you blow any line. It will pump out oil until it is gone. I have had 4 Alpha machines and my TR320 was the most problematic it was an early machine. If it makes you feel better, they fixed the issues with that machine with the TR340.

SchottFarms

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have a 2014 CASE TR320 with just 350 hours on it. I recently purchased a Diamond mower to use on this machine and I am having issues with the hydraulics getting hot. I have the 157mm fan pulley and the hydraulic cooler is clean. Wondering if anyone has ran a similar configuration or had similar issues?