• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case tr310

Davidblack515

so im about to pull a trigger on a new skidder to replace a cat 257. i have a chance to buy a tr310 case i demoed it and liked every thing on it just looking some real life reviews on it could find to much o the internet about them. i install a lot of fiberglass pools and general excavating. 90% of the time im the operator. they only big thing om not sure about is that it radial lift not vertical so makes loading truck a little harder. any long term experience with this machine would be great.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I had one rented through out the Summer this year. I put about 300 hours on it, I used to backfill foundations, asphalt prep and so forth. Never had an issue with it, ran great, no DEF was a welcome relief.

I put it on a RTO and planned on rolling into a purchase in the Fall. I did not buy it. My other tracked machine was a TR320 and I thought that it would be closer in performance, it was not in my mind. I ended up purchasing a TR340. The TR310 was nice for what it was. However the shorter track and lower hp really was game breaker for me. I wished it would have worked out. It would have been cheaper, to buy and run, but at the end of the day. It was not enough machine for what we were asking it to do. Asphalt prep was fine, but would run out of breath on backfilling.

My guys liked running it, EH controls were nice, visibility is really good and with a fully loaded cab, they are comfortable to run. There are a lot of 310's sold out here, everyone is trying to save some money and stay out of the DEF if they can. No doubt why CASE just released the 370 which is a vertical lift version of the 380 just at 75 hp instead of 90hp.

Davidblack515

yeah the power seemed fine for the what i normally use it for. could always use more power but need to fined that line of power VS size since installing a lot of pools im in vary tight areas. i was happy with the power that my 257 has so this case should be even better in about the same size machine. we use a lot of case machines so push snow and at some point we all have been A. stuck in the cab bc the arms locked on us or
B. cant get the machine to move something to do with seat latch or something like that.
from what i have heard case has gotten these eletrical issues fixed

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have had 4 Alpha series machines and numerous CASE skid steers before that going back to the mid 90's. I had an early 2012 TR320 and had some electrical issues with it. Three joys stick controllers, and the like. I bought a 2014 SV300 and it was clear that most of those early series issues were resolved. The SV300 was one of the most trouble free machines I have ever owned. The only issue I had in the first 1500 was the AC lines to the cooler. I recently traded that on an SV340 and my TR320 on a TR340 last Aug. The improvement I really notice is in the EH controllability, I hate to say anything is perfect since it is soo subjective. However they really have the controllability dialed in now. The difference from my SV300 to 340 is incredible, I feel like I could attach a marker to the bucket and sign my name. They have continued to refine the machines since they released them.