• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case/Link-Belt track chains

D6c10K

I don't know if it's the brand of track chains that case & link-belt excavators use, but lots of the ones I see for sale have several stuck track pins. I don't seem to seen that with other manufacturers.
Is that a thing with Case/Link-Belt?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
If the attachment is what your post refers the issue is not isolated to those manufacturers you experience, from what I have read it is a common with many of makes.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• FAR Tracks bindiing .pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It depends on how old the chains are. When they first started putting a grease in the pin and bushing spaces they called the tracks "Lubed." Problem with the lube is that it would harden and cause the links to bridge. There is nothing you can do to prevent it and the only real fix is to dismantle the chains, clean everything up and reassemble. It's basically the same procedure as turning pins and bushings. As I recall Sumitomo used Tope chains that were made in Japan or South Korea.

As stated by Uffex above, the problems was not just with the Sumitomo product