• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case/Isuzu common rail issues

Champwise

Hi guys,

The machine is a Case CX130B(BAC130K5N8SAD1114) with a 4JJ1X Isuzu engine.

It's starting, running briefly and then shutting down again at low idle but runs at high idle so when no functions are used it shuts down. I've been to it before when it was only intermittent and found really dirty fuel and a rubber band in the fuel filter. It also had an active voltage above normal fault code(!0193) for the common rail pressure sensor when the machine shuts down. I recreated the fault by wriggling the wires to the pressure sensor and the machine would shut down.

I couldn't change the filter at the time, but I told him to change it ASAP and he said he did. I re-crimped a female pin on the pressure sensor connector and the code went away but in needs a whole new connector and I can't find where to buy them.

This is the first case machine and isuzu engine I've worked on and I don't know much about either. I don't have the technician software.

Here are my questions:
1.If I get there and the code is no longer active, how likely is it that the pump and/or injectors have failed from dirt getting through the old filter? and what tests can I do to confirm they have failed?

2. Where can I buy the connectors in the attached picture in Australia. Case will only sell the full harness.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

• 20191112_143205.jpg
    20191112_143205.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

heymccall

Changed the fuel filter?

I've never had any operator take apart and clean the sediment bowl/ separator on my machines. They just change the spin on and then call and say it still runs like crap.
So, can you confirm that the fuel supply system has been properly serviced?

Champwise

Changed the fuel filter?

I've never had any operator take apart and clean the sediment bowl/ separator on my machines. They just change the spin on and then call and say it still runs like crap.
So, can you confirm that the fuel supply system has been properly serviced?
That will be the first thing I do when I get there. But I still want to know the answers to my questions.

BigWrench55

Here's an image of the different types of electrical connectors used on equipment and the names of them. Not so sure about in the down under, but you can possibly Google these connectors and find a place online or locally to buy them. Screenshot_20191207-184154_Samsung Internet.jpg

KenAl

Change the engine harness. Not that expensive. If i have only one thing to change and have common rail issues. I change the harness.