• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case DL450B Dozer/CTL

Evening Digger

Anyone have any info to share other than what's on Case's site? If this will do what they say it might be a very good fit around our place. Most of my use would be heavy duty CTL stuff with a little dozing. I like the idea of steel tracks on it.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I also like the idea of the heavy duty CTL. I don't really need the dozer but the rest of it looks pretty interesting, although fully 2D-3D compatible might make it more valuable to me. A CTL with a 1.25-1.50 bucket really gets my attention. I was considering waiting for this to release but pulled on a SV450B . What does not excite me is I believe that it wont have H controls, only ISO. Guess they couldn't make H work with the dozer controls. I would go with rubber tracks. Hopefully they release the straight CTL version at the same time as the Dozer compatible version. I personally think the straight CTL version will have more takers, but I could be wrong. Also I believe that it called a DL550.

Evening Digger

Yes, I've seen the change to the DL550B designation but I fat-fingered the title.

How has the SV450B treated you so far? How do you like the cab for comfort and noise?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have just under a 100 hours on it. I am happy with it. The cab ergonomics are really good. The new handles are much better, getting used to the new two speed location took a bit, but over all the aux. hyd button locations are easier to toggle. I used it on my BC grader attachment the last couple days which uses nearly all the aux. buttons available, much easier running that. They did a great job on the console. Nice having an 8 inch screen. The information on it is clear and colored so that it is easy to read what is going on. Very happy with the ability to completely tailor the EH controls if I chose. The control in the EH is improved from the A, easier and faster to be very precise. The rear camera clarity is excellent, the best I have seen. Really nice I can just leave the camera on or not if I chose but still read the machine information. The noise level is low, seals up well. I have an SV340 A series as well and after spending time in the B makes it hard to go back to the A. They really did a great job on the cab. Addressed all my complaints I had with the A series cab. Wish they would have done this upgrade a couple years ago.