• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE Dancing Diggers in England!!

Nick Drew

Resigned
Occupation
Plant operator
Hi Guys,:notworthy

I guess we have all seen the JCB dancing digger display team in action, Well here in Cornwall, England we have a Case digger team, Ian Stanton and his team of talented operators often put on a display at local shows & events.

Hope you enjoy these shots:eek:

Nick

Attachments

• morval 028.jpg
    morval 028.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,689
  • morval 033.jpg
    morval 033.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,705
  • morval 037.jpg
    morval 037.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,734

biggixxerjim

:eek:

Some of those positions I sure wouldnt try, especially the last one:nono

Looks like that out rigger is under quite a bit of stress...

And how do you explain a roll over doing this to your insurance agent??

farm_boy

Anyone notice that these are not the same machine as the the North America machines? These are the Case machines built on the New Holland platform. Look at the boom and loader linkage. They are built in the CNH plant in Imola Italy.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Lol now rollover and play dead doing the moves would be easy, but doing them in sync.

greywynd

I wonder if they have any 'unseen' ballast to make sure they aren't too close to the edge? The last pic, for example, if you were to load the tires on the one side with water/calcium/whatever, it would let you go that extra angle as well with a bigger margin of safety.

One of the things I'm undecided about with this stuff is when some homeowner rents one for a weekend and decides he's going to make his own video for youtube or something. Here we are as experienced operators, knowing that these are going to the absolute edge of what you can do, with favourable ground conditions, but the average rental guy won't know that.

Mark

Blademan

Charter Member
Occupation
Operating Engineer
Thanks for the photos Mr. Drew . Always nice to see some equipment in action .:notworthy

tone_rmz

Occupation
wheeled digger driver
hi there, i drive one of the diggers in the display and i can asure you we are all experienced operators these are the machines we drive everyday and earn a living with! also these machines have not got "unforseen ballest" they are standard working machines.

Grader4me

hi there, i drive one of the diggers in the display and i can asure you we are all experienced operators these are the machines we drive everyday and earn a living with! also these machines have not got "unforseen ballest" they are standard working machines.

Welcome to the forum :drinkup

I wonder how many "accidents" they had before perfecting these stunts. Very little room for error.

You would be the perfect candidate to answer my question :)

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo

Yes, welcome to HEF and do you have anymore pictures? :drinkup

Nick Drew

Resigned
Occupation
Plant operator
Here are some shots of this display team in action at the Padstow Vintage rally in Cornwall England yesterday.

Ian Stanton and his team are becoming very popular at these kind of local events and are due to perform next weekend at the Liskeard show so if you are around these parts next weekend why not come and take a look and meet the team??

Attachments

• SS850217.JPG
    SS850217.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 1,242
  • SS850226.JPG
    SS850226.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,247
  • SS850227.JPG
    SS850227.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,215
  • SS850232.JPG
    SS850232.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,203
  • SS850234.JPG
    SS850234.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 1,495

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Hey boss,I didn't really roll it over,I was doing tricks!!!LOL
Thanks Nick,the extent that they are leaning is beyond comprehension.......it doesn't seem possible that they could right themselves from that angle.We learn every day.Ron G:notworthy :notworthy

Nick Drew

Resigned
Occupation
Plant operator
Hi Ron,

I know its incredible!! the guy who does that extreme rollover is real old school, a very experienced operator, when he starts to upright himself one of the other hoes pulls on the backhoe bucket for a bit just to help him get back up.

I was stood in the crowd taking pics and all I could hear were people saying "he's going to far" "thats going to tip over in a minute" etc etc

It's amazing!!

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
My thoughts too skata. Hydraulic pump could be starved as well, it would suck if you needed to make a quick move and all the pump had was air. I'm a little miffed that the ATV would ride under the machines lifted by the hydraulics, that's counter to everything we've been taught by OSHA and here they are demonstrating it to a crowd.

Nick Drew

Resigned
Occupation
Plant operator
Really dont know why I bother posting here !!

All you guys do is pick faults in everything!!:mad:

You all need to lighten up for gods sake:Banghead

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Sorry Nick!:beatsme I look at machines as tools rather than play things and treat them as such. Here in the States, we constantly have safety beaten in to us on a daily basis, and to see someone thwart the rules we've been taught to live by (pun intended) for sport just rubs against the grain.

I'll agree the operators of these machines are talented, but I guess I'm just not as impressed as some. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.....:my2c

Perhaps next time I should keep my thoughts to myself???

Ross

Nice pic's Nick :drinkup Thanks for posting them.

Bet you have had a few diggers in them positions Nick? ;)

Ross

Wulf

Nice pictures and it sparks a healthy debate.

Safety standards are very high in the UK, correct me if I'm wrong Nick but don't all equipment operators over there have to have reached established standards and hold an operators license?

We see tricks and stunts carried out in shows and movies involving cars, motorcycles, planes etc all the time and most of us are smart enough to differentiate closed/track, professional pilots and drivers with normal professional responsibility.

This is just showmanship and its presented as that, just as the Snowbirds, Red Arrows or Blue Angels show off the capability of their planes and skills to the public every year and the dancing digger does a lot to promote heavy equipment to the public

Nick Drew

Resigned
Occupation
Plant operator
Nice pictures and it sparks a healthy debate.

Safety standards are very high in the UK, correct me if I'm wrong Nick but don't all equipment operators over there have to have reached established standards and hold an operators license?

We see tricks and stunts carried out in shows and movies involving cars, motorcycles, planes etc all the time and most of us are smart enough to differentiate closed/track, professional pilots and drivers with normal professional responsibility.

This is just showmanship and its presented as that, just as the Snowbirds, Red Arrows or Blue Angels show off the capability of their planes and skills to the public every year and the dancing digger does a lot to promote heavy equipment to the public

Ahh I see common sense prevails!!!

Well said Wulf,

Yes you are correct safety standards are very high here in the UK

I have to defend my friends here because I know how proffesional these guys are and I know that not one of them would put anybodys life on the line.