• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case CX60C 18' annoying beeep beeep

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Instead of hijacking another thread with this issue I figured I'd just start a new one. :)

So we bought a 2018 CX60C last year and so far has been a decent machine... albeit with some under carriage issues and other small things and of course the jerkyness of the hydraulics... I nicknamed it 'Jitters' ;)

Problem: The machine started beeping a couple weeks ago and as long as it's running it's beeping!!!! Every 5 seconds the display lets off a beeeep beeeep and I gotta tell you it gets annoying after just a half an hour but listening to it all day I'm ready to grab a hammer :mad:

There are no warnings on the screen or any kinds of logged warnings in any of the menus or active faults I can find going through all the menus. ????:confused: and all the alerts for oil change/greasing/etc. are still in the future. And no it's not the fuel level, still beeps with a full tank.

Dealer doesn't have a clue... says bring it in....:rolleyes:
cx60c-homescreen.jpg cx60c-camscreenplus.jpg

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
I’ve had it happen a couple time . Both times it was the over flow tank . If it was an inch below the full line the buzzers would go off , no codes or warning lights on screen.

Ronsii

Occupation
Thanks I'll check it... I glanced in the engine compartment and nothing jumped out at me but not knowing what I'm looking for sometimes it takes a more serious looking into.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
According to the marks level was good would still set the alarm off ad 3-4 oz of water would go off.

Ronsii

Occupation
You would think as computerized as this 80K thing is with a full color screen/mp3 player/bluetooth/etc... and all that it could at least tell you why it's beeping!!!!! but then I haven't been too impressed with it so far :( not sure if it's they hyundai part of the designing or the case part???

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I am demoing one of these as soon as it gets PDIed. Any thoughts? It seems like the bucket breakout is on the low side looking at the spec sheet. I just got done demoing a 305.5, I dug a 1800 sf crawl space with it. I was not really that impressed with it. The cab in the 60C is much better. I don't think either machine will be as strong as my Taki, certainly the 305.5 was not as strong lifting as my TB153FR, certainly cant load trucks as well as the Taki. I wish they would just keep building the 153. This is my 3rd 153 and it is time to replace it and there isn't anything like it, so comparing the 60C or 305.5 will be difficult, big shoes to fill.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
CASE nor NH really doesn't anything with these, I wish they did, I think it would be a better product, at least one more adapted to the NA market. They get yellow or Power Tan paint, the screen flashed for the NH or CASE and away they go.

Ronsii

Occupation
It does seem a little under powered for bucket breakout but I haven't used another same class machine lately... I have used tak's in the past and really liked them both the ctl and the mini's. also lifting an eco block without a bucket on is tricky especially if you want to stack them more than 2 high ;)

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Often the operators manual lists audible alarms it may be the case that a sensor only has part connection suggest you run through those if they are listed.
Kind regards
Uffex

Ronsii

Occupation
Thanks uffex, :) I will look into that, just have to spend time doing some real troubleshooting instead of a few seconds and then rushing to the next job.

soilmover2

We have a 2019 model. The cab is nice. It just went in to have check valves and new valve spools put in the control side of the hydraulics to smooth out the jerkyness. My biggest complaint is that it’s not stable. You have to put the blade down when doing anything. Honestly, I think the track needs to be longer and it needs more counterweight

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have a CX60 on rent right now. I have been impressed with its lifting capacity tearing out concrete and loading trucks. I have not done much fine grading with it. I did notice a little shutter at times, but could never get it to duplicate it. I have not had any heavy loads extended out, but will to see how the balance is. This machine has a manual coupler and a direct link thumb. Everything has been kept close to the machine to get into the truck. The cab and its features I think are excellent. Other than no heated seat it has all the features my pickup has. Some of the odd ergonomic issues are the placement of the dozer lever and the two speed being on the monitor, the safety lever requires you to push it way forward, small issue but I find it awkward. The breakout spec isn't that great on paper, but tearing out concrete I found it stronger than the spec sheet would suggest. The price on it is reasonable (low 60K), so far I like it better than the 305.5E2 I demoed this Spring. Need to do some traditional digging with it to see how it does. Interesting that stability is brought up by several guys as an issue. Still hoping to see a new Taki TB153FR at ConExpo this next Spring at 4K hours on my Taki, I am going to replace it sooner than later, been kicking the can down the road for 1500 hours now waiting for Taki to release a new version of the 153.

Ronsii

Occupation
Soilmover, yeah ours is more tippy than I'd like for it's size but we have every option on it :) heated seats, hydraulic q/c, extra counterweight,aux plumbing,etc... I don't know if they 'mark' the machines they do the 'fix' to for the hydraulic jerkiness or not?? I do know they said they had a fix a few months ago when I was at the dealer.. but it would put the machine out of service for a week or two(again) to take it up there :( last time we took it in to have some rollers changed out they had it a few days and then said they had to order parts and it would be a while... so we pulled it out of there to use it while they got the parts in.. then had to take it back again :( more wasted time...

Another thing I don't like is the angle of the travel pedals... way too far forward... thinking of strapping a couple blocks of wood to the tip of em' ;) Oh, and the boom pivot swing pedal :eek: haven't done it yet but seriously considering putting a steel cover over that sucker!!! it is just dangerous when you have big feet.

And one other thing... to update the original post about the BEEP -- BEEP :

Adding a bit of coolant to the recovery tank seemed to have cured it :) however so far anytime there is any kind of warning(there have been a few different ones) you get a big blinking alert in the middle of the screen plus some oddball icon on the screen but NEVER anything in the menus for active errors or logged errors or anything like that???

Last edited:

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day soil mover
A question regarding the stability does your machine have the additional counterweight - rubber or steel tracks - quick hitch and what is the weight of the bucket these are all contributing factors to comfortable operation. Many short swing machines have additional ballast attached to the undercarriage.
Kind regards
Uffex

soilmover2

My60c is fully loaded. It has the extra counterweight. Still, when digging footings with the 2 ft. Bucket and throwing it to the side makes it tipsy. If the rubber tracks aren’t on super even ground,it is tipsy without the blade down. I do agree about the 2 speed on the dash and the wierd placement on the blade lever. It also needs float. Before case fixed the jerkyness, my guys would take the loose 5000 hour kubota instead of the new machine

Ronsii

Occupation
My60c is fully loaded. It has the extra counterweight. Still, when digging footings with the 2 ft. Bucket and throwing it to the side makes it tipsy. If the rubber tracks aren’t on super even ground,it is tipsy without the blade down. I do agree about the 2 speed on the dash and the wierd placement on the blade lever. It also needs float. Before case fixed the jerkyness, my guys would take the loose 5000 hour kubota instead of the new machine

That tippiness sounds about right unfortunately :( you should try it with the 4 foot cleanout bucket :eek: trying to load off a pile with a truck backing next to you...

I notice you didn't mention the swing pedal???? have you ever accidentally got it with your foot while thinking why is that thing moving!!!

I know what you mean on the jerkyness... ours would have a lot more hours by now... but if I have a choice I'll grab a slower/older/looser machine :)

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
It appears that this a is a common issue with the Case product could it be that the stability has been specified with a machine on steel tracks and the lighter undercarriage of a rubber track machine has not been taknen into account ?
A bit late but a tip we give at appraisal is to fill the biggest bucket with heavy material swing at full reach across the undercarriage - if the rollers lift from the tracks condem the machine as being unstable.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Should add I guess the tipping point does not include a quick coupler not a great deal of weight to play with.

Attachments

• CX60 spec.pdf
    850.6 KB · Views: 4

soilmover2

We made new wedges that bolt under the travel pedals to bring the front of the pedal up. It helps a lot. The swing pedal doesn’t bother us, but I could see your point.
I looked into getting another rear counterweight to stack to the original one. It’s $1400.00 for the 400lb.weight. Our dealer didn’t know if it’s possible to stack them either. If we can’t get the stability better, it will probably go down the road

Ronsii

Occupation
I doubt they'll stack, if I remember right the holes come out at a radius so stacking will move them... you could however elongate the holes in the new counterweight... maybe... :)

How many/sizes buckets do you have for yours?