• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case CX210

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Hey Guys I've got a question on a Case CX210. The problem is that the right track is slower that the left track. It started out as the track would not go in reverse, but now the track is slow in both directions. The P1 pump pressure is good when arm and swing are operated but the pressure drops when the travel pedal is activated. I capped the travel lines at the final drive and the pressure did not come up, then I capped the lines above the swivel and the pressure was the same. Long story short I removed the foot travel valve and checked the spools and plungers and replaced seals. I reinstalled the foot valve and the machine worked fine for about a day. P1 pump pressure will not come up when travel valve is activated even when arm is activated at the same time. The final drive and motor have been replaced also the main hydraulic pump. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

mikebramel

But P1 pressure is high when arm is activated but travel is not activated? .... pointing towards travel relief maybe?

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
But P1 pressure is high when arm is activated but travel is not activated? .... pointing towards travel relief maybe?
Travel reliefs are in the motors, and the motor has been replaced. I had first thought that when I first talked to owner, or maybe swivel seal was blown. There is an aux. pedal that runs a mower that gets oil supply from travel pedals.
But P1 pressure is high when arm is activated but travel is not activated? .... pointing towards travel rbe?

Welder Dave

You probably checked but make sure that aux. valve is completely shut off. Someone hopped in my skid steer and stepped on the aux. pedal when they were getting out. It was hard to start and the hyd's would barely lift. Then it dawned on me the aux. pedal was engaged.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
From the description of the events suggest the following possibility, the motor has been replaced would it be probable that contamination was in the system when the motor was renewed, this could prevent the crawler spool from shifting in fact may have caused damage to the main valve chest.
Suggest that you manually shift the spool for that track and compare with the remaining spool.
Kind regards
Uffex

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Hey Dave I did check the aux. valve and made sure it was off. I've had stupid stuff happen like that before also.
Hey uffex I'm pretty sure that any contamination would be cought by the return filter in tank but stranger things have happened.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Hi Coy
Sorry to be negative but the filters are after the contamination has visited your valve chest, but it is a good policy to see if they have done there job.
Kind regards
Uffex