• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case Cx135 SR 2007 help please!

tootalltimmy

I was running my excavator today for a couple of hours when it shut down with no warning. It did not even sputter.
Here is what I know so far: Engine is Isuzu BB-4BG1T

Half tank fuel, new fuel filter 10 running hours ago.
Using the primer pump we have fuel squirting out of the lines before injection pump.
The main filter and the water separater were full when it shut down.
When we crack an injector and turn engine over there is no fuel at injector
Same fitting that squirts fuel with the primer pump does not squirt when we turn over the engine.

Seems that the lift pump is not working to get fuel to the injection pump.

Is this a mechanical breakdown of the lift pump (broken)?
Or is there a electronic problem possible.

I was tracking when the motor shut down with no warning and now has zero fuel to the injectors.

Any help is much appreciated as I was supposed to move it to a post pounding job on a vineyard tomorrow.

Thanks, Tim

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If you can operate the primer pump and get fuel flow out of delivery line to injection pump, it's not likely your fuel lines are clogged. And if the delivery line does not flow fuel when cranking engine, it does sound like failure of lift pump. You can remove lift pump from side of injection pump and verify the cam that operates pump is turning while cranking, might need an inspection mirror to do that on your machine. If the cam is turning, you might try to disassemble lift pump and see if you can find something amiss inside, otherwise, it's replace lift pump. Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Another thing to check - is the injector pump turning with engine?

td15c

Do you have a fuel shut down solenoid or motor that if it has lost voltage or gone bad will shut down engine? Just a thought

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Do you have a fuel shut down solenoid or motor that if it has lost voltage or gone bad will shut down engine? Just a thought

No shut down solenoid td15c, that's controlled by the governor control cable. :)

tootalltimmy

Thanks. The primer pump handle is reachable but not very handy. The line coming in to lift pump at the bottom needs a short wrench as there is only 4" of space, not very easy to get at. I'll have another look tomorrow morning. I'm sure there will be some cursing!

td15c

atco my 2000 linkbelt 2700q has a Isuzu A-4BG1T and it has a fuse for fuel shut down and the wiring diagram shows two shutdown relays and one shutdown motor. Thought the Cx135 might be set up the same way.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
atco my 2000 linkbelt 2700q has a Isuzu A-4BG1T and it has a fuse for fuel shut down and the wiring diagram shows two shutdown relays and one shutdown motor. Thought the Cx135 might be set up the same way.

Aye, there are many arrangements for controlling shut down. Just thought I'd let you know this unit is controlled by the governor control servo. Controls throttle and shut down. :)

td15c

timmy there is a screen on my 2700 in the bolt of the banjo fitting on The line coming in to lift pump that could be pluged.

td15c

atco thanks for the info and i agree that a A good mechanic isn't expensive, he's priceless

tootalltimmy

In order to protect the innocent I will keep all names out of this post! Cheap easy fix it was. My arms are long and the first time in 400 hours I managed to hit the emergency stop button which is on my left side. I felt like a fool but it wasn't the first time for that so I will just keep on. I managed to get to my post job and spread a large pile of apple tree mulch. Tomorrow will be post pounding.

I learned a few things about my fuel system and checked the banjo screen which was very clean. So it wasn't a total waste of time.

Last edited:

dirty4fun

Look at what you learned about your machine, on a positive side. Hey we all do some things like that, takes a bigger man to admit it. So glad it was something simple, oh and inexpensive, too.