• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case Controls won't unlock

NEK Digger

Thanks Shimmy. We figured, or at least are hoping that it is something as simple as that. But of course, finding the wire is the next hurdle. If we can't find a bad wire, is there any other issue that someone can think of that may be the problem?

As always, thanks in advance for any help / opinions!

Dan Lange

Greetings Gents, my first post here too. I have a 1999th 9020B excavator with the same problem (no hydraulic with arm engaged). I temporally shortcut the switch and found out that the upper left Solenoid is getting hot. I switched the magnet (after removing the cap) and the same solenoid is still getting hot. I am planning to take off this Solenoid. Did someone had the same issue or advice when unmounting it? Thanks

lloyd burris

Occupation
mechanic
i'm having the same problems with a 9030B and i have checked lockout switches, relays behind the computer and the pilot filter is good also. thumb works well and the hydraulic pressure is good too, 400psi at an idle which is the required swash plate pressure. does anyone know where the solenoid is located that energizes the hydraulics?...

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Good day gentleman, and I use that term loosely lol. There is a solenoid valve bank by the hyd. pumps. These solenoids control every function of the machine. The pilot control solenoid is the top one on outside of valve bank if my memory serves me correctly. Remove solenoid coil and there is a small spool that will stick and will have to be cleaned. Be mindful of the small parts in valve when you remove it.
techdrawing-assembly-14245BE8-8EBF-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6.png
Here is a break down from parts book.
Oh one other thing there is a serial number beak in valve but the parts are the same they just went to a one piece valve body.

Last edited: