1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Case 95XT - Hydraulics High Flow Filter

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by joelmatt89, Aug 18, 2021.

1. joelmatt89

joelmatt89 Member

Skip to the sentence at the end if you don't want to read the background here:
    The hydraulics filter light on my instrument panel is on and does not turn off once the machine is warmed. Based on screenshots attached from the manual this light turns on when the dp across the filter is greater then 40 psi, it appears the sensor is normally open and is completed by the sensor grounding out the circuit (see screenshot). That being said it seems clear the issue is either this wire is grounded somewhere which I am going to check tonight when I get to the shop or there is an issue with the filter (even though I have a brand new filter) I purchased the machine with the light on and replaced the filter with the same type (from case). My confusion though is when I look at the attached drawing I am not sure what filter they are referring too. This machine has high flow hydraulics. When I look at the screenshot from the parts catalog it shows three filters in the same area. The service manual seems to refer to #6 (the tall one) as the hydraulic filter (see screenshot) I changed this one and the light stayed on. I see filter #7 but I am confused about filter #8 titled Hydraulics High Flow Filter. I cannot find where this is and I cannot find it in the service manual.

Does filter #8 replace filter #6 or something in high flow machines which could be causing my issue, see screenshot titled case filters?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  2. GaryHoff

GaryHoff Senior Member

Heavey Equipment Mechanic
    On the xt series skid steers, there was a piston pump option for the high flow. This is what they call the high pressure high flow option.
    #8 is the filter for that option.

You only have the standard high flow.

If your filter light is constantly on in the dash, then you likely have a plugged hydraulic filter. You have changed the return filter, but have you changed the charge filter? The filter pressure switches are ran in parallel, so either filter will set off the warning light.

95xt filter wiring.jpg

joelmatt89 and mg2361 like this.
  3. joelmatt89

joelmatt89 Member

Gary thanks for the reply and my apologies on a very delayed response.

Great information on the high pressure high flow pump that makes more sense now! And it is good to know what I have, I saw a mention of that in the manual and was wondering if it had something to do with that but it's good to know this filter is a clear indicator.

I just bought the other filter and am going to replace that tomorrow. I figure it can't hurt to change the filter since I don't know when it was changed last but when I check that circuit it seems those wires are always grounded even with the machine off. I also unplugged both wires and started the machine and the light is on, unless I am missing something it seems like this has to be an electrical issue, since that circuit is supposed to be normally open.