• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 90xt won't move

danddia

I have a case 90xt with about 1500 hours on it. I started having problems with this when it started getting cold. I could get in start it up the seat switch would light up but the bar switch would not seems like the longer you have it running it lights up then on the left instrument panel the green light appears and you're off and running fine. So now I got in it started right up as always, seat and lap bar light came on looked at the left panel it was green it moved then got out got back in I left it running and I have no seat or lap bar light on the right side but the left side light is on but won't move. The sticks will move back and forth the back up alarm even comes on but I can't move and I can't raise my forks. I thought it could be seat or lap bar switch, but going out at the same time? So I checked the bar switch it (did an ohms test) it had some resistance on it. I didn't check seat switch yet. I still don't have any green light on the right side instrument panel and still have a green light on the left instrument panel telling me I'm good to go. Could there be a bad connection in the right instrument panel? Also if I just touch the key while it is running the battery light will come on then if I jiggle the key the light will go off. Any info would be good thank you in advance.

tmc_31

Occupation
Sports Lighting Contractor
Just a shot in the dark here but I have a NH L190 with an enclosed cab. It would have those same symptoms occasionally. It turned out to be the door safety switch. If you took the door off, you had to turn the switch so that it was engaged all the time then turn it back the other way when you remounted the door. Sometimes that switch will get partially turned with the door on.

Tim

benjdow

I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I had to create an account to say thank you to Tim. I was having a similar issue on my 90xt, arm and bucket controls were locked. I went straight into panic mode for 2 hours trying to figure out what my issue was and worrying about the $$$ it would cost to fix it.

Started searching the net and came across this thread. I completely forgot about the door safety switch I jury-rigged shut a few years ago even existed, but Tim's post reminded me of it. It came lose and of course was my issue.

So thanks, Tim! You're the man!

ozarkag

On those older Case machines the lap bar switch circuit also goes through the "cab down" switch, located in the left rear bottom cab corner. Many are bypassed, but the twisted and taped wires can be the problem.

franklinute

I have had electrical issues with my 90XT thru the years also. I have replaced or bypassed the
cab and seatbar safety switches. I have cleaned the fuse box several times. I also carry a couple
of relays that are in the fusebox. When my brake is locked I replace the relay for that circuit and
I get going again.

benjdow

I have had electrical issues with my 90XT thru the years also. I have replaced or bypassed the
cab and seatbar safety switches. I have cleaned the fuse box several times. I also carry a couple
of relays that are in the fusebox. When my brake is locked I replace the relay for that circuit and
I get going again.
How do you go about bypassing these switches? Do you just remove the switch from the circuit? I have to put my lap bar down at least twice for it to make a connection