• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE 9020B

Brendon Benton

Occupation
Substation Engineer
Hello all,
Just joined this forum because I bought my very first excavator. I'm sorry to ask so much but I need some major help!!! I didn't realize how bad of shape the wiring is in. Rats destroyed it. It started right up the first couple times but now it won't even turn over I swapped the battery relay because it wasnt sending power to the starter. Now I have power to the starter and nothing. Any ideas? Maybe a starter solenoid? Would anyone know where I could get my hands on a detailed wiring schematic for this machine? I'm trying to rewire the excavator because the rats destroyed it I'll post a couple pictures if I can.
Another problem is that the left track won't move with weight on it. Right track works perfect. I thought it was hydraulics because there was a blown hose but I changed it and still the same. Does any voltage control the tracks hydraulic? Maybe the rats chewed up the wire to the left track?

Attachments

• IMG_20181203_205821637.jpg
    IMG_20181203_205821637.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20181203_204418476.jpg
    IMG_20181203_204418476.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20181203_205233404.jpg
    IMG_20181203_205233404.jpg
    960.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20181206_212104480.jpg
    IMG_20181206_212104480.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 53

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I think a Link-Belt 2650 Quantum is the same machine.

I don't have the electrical schematics but you travel problem sounds like the swivel seals are gone.

Brendon Benton

Occupation
Substation Engineer
I think a Link-Belt 2650 Quantum is the same machine.

I don't have the electrical schematics but you travel problem sounds like the swivel seals are gone.
Damn that's not good. Would it only cause one side to not work? Where is the best place to get a seal kit?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Please see attached hope it helps you
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• H2 Weak crawlers P1.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 27

Vetech63

For every chewed wire you can physically see there will be another you cant see. Remove every panel you can and inspect every harness. From the amount of rat $hit in those pics, they have lived there a lonnnnnng time

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Man what a mess, I've been in situations like that when I worked on these machines, rats and mice love the wire coating sense they're made of soybeans. Your track problem could be a swivel seal blown, the best way to check is with a pressure gauge and something to block track movement.

Brendon Benton

Occupation
Substation Engineer
Man what a mess, I've been in situations like that when I worked on these machines, rats and mice love the wire coating sense they're made of soybeans. Your track problem could be a swivel seal blown, the best way to check is with a pressure gauge and something to block track movement.
Wow I didn't know that. Makes since though. Would that cause only one track not to work? But I'll start with that thanks man!!

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Wow I didn't know that. Makes since though. Would that cause only one track not to work? But I'll start with that thanks man!!
It could very well be the problem. But you need to check pressures by capping the final drive lines at the track drive and see what happens.

John C.

Occupation
Since the circuit reliefs are in the final drive motors you really don't want to cap the lines and try it. The only relief you will see will be the main relief.

John C.

Occupation
Actually, that won't tell you anything about flow or the drive problem. The pumps will make up more than enough flow to hide a leaking swivel seal and if this unit doesn't have the travel circuit covered by a main relief you will blow something up. The B machines were basic negative control open center systems.

Brendon Benton

Occupation
Substation Engineer
So what do I need to do then to test the swivel motor? Have some good news though. I got almost everything electrical working. Only thing is that the control on the left side console won't unlock. They are always locked so I can't move anything. Would anyone happen to have pictures of the left hand harness or schematics on it?? There are more wires coming from the console itself than there are on the wiring harness.