• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 9020B hyd. problems!

-3Doc

Occupation
Ticketed HD Mechanic
I have a 9020b in the shop that is doing some strange things, it is an intermittent problem. After starting and running at full in standard mode if you hold the stick boom or travel over relief it will bog down the engine and stall if you hold it long enough. If you switch to heavy mode it will do the same but then sometimes will smarten up and work perfect for ten mins. It is acting like the pump is not cutting back and is taking too much power out of the engine, but is intermittent . Has anyone had the same troubles??:confused:

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Make sure you are getting full fuel to your engine, check your fuel filters, and lines. The banjo fittings like to get plugged up (restricting the fuel) so check all of them (the return line on the injection pump has an orifice in the banjo fitting)The lift pump may also have a screen in it (the plunger style lift pump) Debri can stick and unstick on the screen. Also check your fuel pressures, (bosch inline pump-pressure must be above 12psi under full load, check after fuel filter) Also check your throttle motor for proper travel and opperation. You can view your parts pictures online at www.casece.com. Follow the links. Also check turbo boost (15-20psi under full load). Ensure proper operation of the pump regulators. Examine for damage or contamination that can cause the regulator not to actuate properly. Ensure pressure to the appropriate regulator decreases significantly when a function is operated. Also check your relays. The factory ones were filled with silicone, which deteriorates and coats the relay contacts, causing random intermitent problems.

Last edited:

east texas

Same machine same problem??

What finally worked to fix your machine. I am having a similar problem with mine. I think mine might be fuel or electric though.

blue66tang

Please somebody tell me you figured this out. My machine is doing the same thing. I know it is not engine related, turbo and fuel has all been checked.

blue66tang

Somebody has got to have an idea about this. Looks like several people have had the same issue, but nobody ever comes back and replies what the issue was.

doug dirt

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.
I had a linkbelt 2650q. (sister to Case 9010)
I believe they told me the pump is not destroking.
The hydraulic pump is supposedly not rebuildable.
Mine happened at about 2200 hrs and then again at between 4000 and 5000 hrs.
When I went to get a replacement pump they (HRD in Puyallup ,WA.) said they were waiting for 10 pumps and could be months or longer before they received them all. I ended up buying a pump from Linkbelt dealer.
They finally admitted they had a problem.
Good luck

blue66tang

Mine has brand new pumps. Has less than 200 hours on the pums. None of the local mechanics can figure it out. Basically when the engine starts working hard, the pump is not destroking to keep it in its power. Works great on cooler days, as soon as it gets into the 80's starts acting up.