• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 85xt help!!!

m1008

Hello I have a case 85xt I've owned it for about a year now, I pulled it in garage yesterday put the arms up and flipped the cab forward and replaced the resistor for the excite wire that goes to the alternator cause it wasn't charging. I checked fuses and swapped relays around, I put the cab down and fired it up and the green light was on saying my battery was charging and everything was good, I put arms down and backed it up then I lost all controls. It starts but no hand controls work, now I notice the parking light doesn't come on weather the lab bar is up or down and the bat light is back. Any help would be appreciated its sitting right in front of my garage door blocking a couple vehicals in. Thanks

m1008

Just lifted the cab and looked for wires that might of been pinched everything looks fine the only thing I did yesterday was check fuses moved the relays around and replaced the resistor I think its something simple but can't seem to find it.

62oliver

there is a switch under the cab, just like the one for the lap bar, it may not be pushed all the way when you put the cab down again?? back corner I think, not sure which side off hand

m1008

Yes I found the switch it actually is stuck in, I unhooked the wire from the resistor turned the key to run position and the parking light was on like it should b. I put the cab back down and went to try it and now the light for brake stays on even with lap bar down and still no controls work, can I bypass the saftey switchs by unplugging them or do I have to have a jumper wire? That way I could try to eliminate each one

m1008

Looks like someone already bypassed something there's a wire cut and a wire hooked up that goes to the panel

Attachments

• IMG_20180120_161006_718.jpg
    IMG_20180120_161006_718.jpg
    595.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20180120_161021_281.jpg
    IMG_20180120_161021_281.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 62

m1008

In case anyone has same issues as I did it ended up being the 10 amp fuse off to the left, the fuse was good but were it plugged in wasn't making good enough contact I cleaned it and put some electrical grease on it and its been good ever since!

franklinute

I had the same issues with my 90XT last week. We cleaned the fuse panel it was packed
with debri. Used air pressure to clean debri. Pulled each fuse and cleaned or replaced. Cleaned
all connections with fine sandpaper. I do keep a set of relays handy to replace when they go out.

HOYTSHOOTER

I have a similar issue with my 60XT. I have forward, reverse travel, but no bucket control. My fuses are good and relays are good. The locking solenoids on the control valve actuate when power is put to them. However, there is no power at the plug for the solenoids. I have 3 green lights on the left console and the green light comes on at the right console with no reds. I am trying to find where the solenoid wires originate, I am assuming at the relay. There are two black wires and a single tan wire that power these two solenoids (there are two tan wires that are spliced into a single tan that runs to the fuse or relay).

Does someone know where these 3 wires actually originate? I am trying to track down an interlock wire diagram but I haven't come across one yet?

Thanks for your time.

m1008

Maybe this will help

Attachments

• IMG_20180508_211707089.jpg
    IMG_20180508_211707089.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20180508_211652757.jpg
    IMG_20180508_211652757.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 51

m1008

I have a manual for my 85xt if ya need anything else I'll do what I can to help!

HOYTSHOOTER

Thanks m1008. I had some time to mess with my issue a little more in depth. I have power at the relay for the loader solenoids, but I don't have power at the solenoids. I traced the power wire from the relay and instead of going directly to the loader valve solenoids it makes a loop towards the front into the cab to plug into the door switch. However, I don't have a door, so a diode plug is used in place of the door switch to loop the power back around to the valve solenoids. I don't have a real warm, fuzzy feeling about the diode plug condition. So, tonite I am going to splice the relay wire directly to the solenoid wire and bypass the loop towards the front of the loader.
Thanks again for your help!

Stephen Smith

Hi Hoytshooter. I also have a 60xt. It sounds like I have the same problem that you had with the control valve solenoids. I am not getting 12 volts to the bucket control solenoid either. Can you tell me if bypassing the diode plug solved the problem or not. Also, is the diode located in the wire harness inside the cab on the left ROP post. I notice there seems to be two of these diode harnesses. A upper one and lower one. Do you now which one had the diode that sends power to the solenoids? Thanks for your help.