• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 850G Hydraulic Pump

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
78A1A6C1-DB03-4406-A907-EBC078F807DA.png The oil level on the dozer has been coming up so I suspected the hydraulic pump seal was leaking letting oil into the sump. I tore the pump apart yesterday and things didn’t go as I suspected they would, hoping someone can help.

The shaft seal sits in a recess thats about 2” deep and the drawing shows a seal washer and a seal nothing else goes in the recess. What I found was the following... snap ring, washer, seal, and another washer. When I put everything back together the first washer went in then I drove the seal to bottom of recess then dropped second washer in. This left about an inch of free space between the snap ring and the second washer. Question is should I take it apart and leave second washer out and place seal just below snap ring? This would let the first washer float around. I have a service manual but it wasn’t much help. Thanks.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
Well the pic I posted has the snap ring in it. Apparently there is an upgraded pump, I could tell mine had been replaced at dome point since it was red. Maybe I got the wrong seal since I was going off an older drawing. The seal I took out was same as new seal though.