1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Case 780 Restore

Discussion in 'Other Earthmoving Equipment' started by James Madigan, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Kevin Case 780

Kevin Case 780 New Member

I am working on a case 780, pulled brake chambers and master cylinders one of which was dry. Sound familiar?
    I am waiting for my FD-8832 masters to arrive tomorrow. Can you give me some details on pulling the wheel and brake drum to see if wheel cylinder is leaking. Also where did you get the rebuild kits and part numbers for the wheel cylinders? Thanks for any help that you could give!

2. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

James Madigan hasn't logged in since last May. I doubt that he will read this anytime soon.
    Try sending him a Private Message.
    HEF will create and send him an email that he has a PM here.

Gary Layton likes this.
  3. James Madigan

James Madigan Member

I got the wheel cylinder kits from Case
    about $75 apiece. To pull the wheel and get to brake drum you need to take off the planetary gear sets. If you have a manual it will tell you how. If not let me know maybe i can get you some manual pages covering it.Its a job but not the worst.

Gary Layton and Tinkerer like this.
  4. Gary Layton

Gary Layton Active Member

James Madigan, you are a champ. Cool that you shared your fix-up process and then came back online to help the latest fellow out.

James Madigan and Tinkerer like this.
  5. James Madigan

James Madigan Member

Thanks Gary. I got a ? anyone know about the loader Hydraulic Main Relief valve.Mine leaks at different times, sometimes after i shut the machine down. Sometimes when im operating for awhile.

6. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

The parts book will reveal most of what you need to know.
    Be very careful about not changing the setting adjuster if you take the valve apart. releef.png

James Madigan likes this.
  7. James Madigan

James Madigan Member

8. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Your service manual is showing it in the valve body to explain the flow paths of it.
    I don't know what model or production year your 780 was made.
    So, it is not possible for me to offer you any more help.
    You need to find the correct parts book for your machine if you want to get the "O" rings that are leaking.

James Madigan likes this.