• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 650K bulldozer won't track straight

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
What was the reasoning for changing all these parts? New parts or did you have the pumps and motors rebuilt? Also, is this a series 1, 2. or 3.

What type of miss tracking. Is one side slower in forward and reverse? Is one side slower in just one direction? Does it miss track at all speeds?

The computer will only compensate so much for miss tracking. Over about %15 difference the computer gives up and lets it miss track. Need more information before I can help.

Last edited:

dozergod

i have the same problem with 650k series 1. forward and reverse the left track wont keep up no matter what speed its in. it does kick in and out sometimes. but if i move the joystick to the far right it will run normal speed with no glitching...no fault codes

Midnightmoon

Need more info. With machine off the ground in neutral does one track move? When you start moving off ground does one track move first? Has a link been removed from only one track? Did a dealer puts these parts in or did you do the work?

Vetech63

Not sure on this model but I believe you can zero the EDC’s with a pressure gauge and make travel adjustments there to some degree.

Midnightmoon

Misaligned servo
Relief bypassing
Loose solenoid positioning bolts
Everything points to drive pumps for mistracking and no codes

dozergod

Need more info. With machine off the ground in neutral does one track move? When you start moving off ground does one track move first? Has a link been removed from only one track? Did a dealer puts these parts in or did you do the work?
i had it off the ground today and both tracks seem to start at the same time in both directions. i didnt change any parts on my machine