• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 621C instrument cluster problem

Pat E

Hi Guys, My 621c instrument cluster (part no.278823A4) has gone blank also disabling trans and bucket controls. Engine starts and runs. Instrument cluster will light all readouts and warning lights when program switch is pushed, will also show correct readouts of oil press, temp, trans selection etc when program switch is held down but won't allow trans or bucket movement. Once program switch is released, screen goes blank. Buzzer sounds continious. Fuses, relays, earths all checked, cleaned and good. Power and earths to IC are good. Case tech manual resolution if power to pin 1 and 2 on IC is good (which it is) with blank screen and no trans/hyd controls is to replace IC which costs $5000. I have to order this from USA at my risk, if it doesnt fix it, tough luck. Has anyone seen this and does it sound right? Instrument cluster does contain computer that controls/overrides trans/hydraulics. Machine is very tidy and in excellent order with 5700 hours. Before this everything worked perfect.
If anyone can confirm this would be much appreciated

James Vaughan

Hi Pat just came across your text , i have exactly the problems on a case 521d case loader and was wondering have you fixed it? , did u have to buy an Instrument cluster ? Thanks James

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Likely he had to replace the cluster, as there was power at pins 1 and 2.
Grounds are pins 8, 37, 38, 39,

The C series and D series use the same clusters.

Last edited:

Corey Watkins

I was wondering Pat did you have to buy a new cluster or not. I have a 721 D doing the same thing and I cant seem to fix it. I had my cluster sent to a company that fixes green boards and they said they fixed some stuff on it but when I got it back and put it on the machine. It did the same thing like they did nothing to it. I need help. Do just need to get a new one or a refurbished one or what. Thank you

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
I was wondering Pat did you have to buy a new cluster or not. I have a 721 D doing the same thing and I cant seem to fix it. I had my cluster sent to a company that fixes green boards and they said they fixed some stuff on it but when I got it back and put it on the machine. It did the same thing like they did nothing to it. I need help. Do just need to get a new one or a refurbished one or what. Thank you
You’ll need to replace the cluster in your machine.

Did you find out what was wrong? What was it? Also where did you send your IC to get it fixed?
William

JOHN BAVARO

HEY GUYS , we have the same issues with a instrument cluster on a CASE 721 and we find this guys FROM Dashboard Instrument Cluster in Toronto Canada . They fix it for us . I understand they have a office in Miami USA too and i was told by our local Case dealership they are approved CASE refurbished / repair facility . i hope that will help