1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Case 586H Brake alarm

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by Danny20, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Danny20

Danny20 New Member

We have a Case 586H rough terrain forklift that was purchased new about 11 months ago. our problem is the when you put the FNR shifter in forward or reverse the brake light and alarm comes on. When it first happened the dealer picked it up had it for three weeks and couldn't find the problem. They say they aren't sure where to look and we can't do without it for another three weeks.

2. alrman

alrman Senior Member

Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
    Pretty sad to hear stories like this......
    If it's under warranty they can pay a sub-contractor to carry out the repair.
    I would try to get a hold of a wiring diagram & pay a good auto electrical tech to look at it.
    Hopefully, it would get repaired & then ask the dealer to then reimburse the cost.

3. Patricia Margaret

Patricia Margaret Member

Do you really need the backup alarm? Could you just snip the wires?

4. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

It would help if you could tell us what brand of powertrain you have in that machine. A pic of the FNR lever would help to. It is definitely an electrical issue, but could be cause by a faulty sensor.

mg2361 likes this.
  5. Danny20

Danny20 New Member

I guess I should have noted that the alarm isn't the back up alarm, but the in cab warning buzzer and the park brake light "(P)"