• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580sm diesel leak from the top of the fuel line

Derekk

Looking for advice on Case 580sm ,
today we have experienced serious diesel leak from the unit just on the top of the fuel pump, picture attached
the 90degree plastic pipe was originally directed towards the engine block, we have just simply rotated it for the purpose of the easement and clarity of the picture
diesel fuel sprays out of this pipe when engine is running and the spray is strong (discharge goes about 6-8 feet from the tractor)
engine starts runs even, rpm is steady, but we did not try to drive neither apply any heavy functions)
tractor was used last time about 10 days ago with no symptoms of any malfunction

Attachments

• 32FECB5C-A4CD-4A72-9864-8E82B93EF0A0.jpeg
    32FECB5C-A4CD-4A72-9864-8E82B93EF0A0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37

mitch504

Hard to say from the one pic, but that looks like a broke off hard plastic return line. Is their a tube around that looks like it might be the other end of it?

TravellingTec

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
I believe the Diaphragm inside your anaroid is ruptured and letting Fuel out
You may want to get a hold of a fuel injection shop and show them your problem

Derekk

Good day and many thanks, I was kind of afraid that this is well more complicated than my mechanical skills , would you be kind to confirm if those pumps are rebuildable and at what cost, another option is probably the purchase of new one but prices are on the high end, for the clarification we are in Ontario and so far it was difficult to find any truthful information, local dealer told us to look for the disconnected fuel line directing to the tank - no further comment…
With the aspect of removal of the pump and reinstall - would you classify as diy?
Many thanks and all the best

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Some of the removals r diy.. that pump type is used on A LOT of different engines..
“IF” there is a timing plunger underneath the pump, then it’s a diy project.. BUT.. u still need directions.!!
I’d b happy to walk u thru it IF it has the plunger..
But, I’m not going thru the steps to fix the oring problem.
U can take a pic of under the pump towards the front of the pump.

Derekk

Sorry about the delay, just posting the pictures, if I was not able to capture what you need , please let me know. Many thanks

Attachments

• 6DBC1170-3203-491A-AAE4-E497C2D7E8B1.jpeg
    6DBC1170-3203-491A-AAE4-E497C2D7E8B1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 334734C2-3AA7-4C9C-9368-65A4EF227468.jpeg
    334734C2-3AA7-4C9C-9368-65A4EF227468.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
There should also be a large rubber plug that’s opposite the plunger, on the transmission housing.. u might need a screwdriver to pry it out.. That plug is for a tool to be inserted, to rotate the engine with ease..
Take a pic IN FRONT of the inj pump, fan side..(front of timing cover)
There may be a large plastic plug there.. (4”). If yes.. IT UNSCREWS.. u can use an oil filter wrench to unscrew it.. or a LARGE pair of channel lock pliers.