1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Case 580k hydraulic leak when parked

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Northerncase, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Northerncase

Northerncase New Member

I am a new owner of a 1990 580k bought it with 6000 hours. My main concern is the hydraulic leak when parked it looks to be leaking somewhere on top of the front differential and then dripping down I think I will need to remove the rad to get a closer look. I’m just looking to see if anyone has had same issue and what I might be looking at for a repair.

2. alrman

alrman Senior Member

Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
    Welcome to HEF @Northerncase
    Usually a leak like that, while parked, would indicate a problem with the hydraulic pump suction hose.
    But I have also seen a pumps leak from the input shaft seal, but that would also leak more so while running.
    Hopefully you will spot the issue easily.;)

Coy Lancaster likes this.
  3. Northerncase

Northerncase New Member

Thank you I will hopefully tackle next week I will post what I find

4. Steve Favia

Steve Favia Well-Known Member

Retired local 150 Operating Engineer
    Sounds about the spot where my 580k leak turned out to be,mine was the hydraulic cooler in front of the radiator pretty easy fix, soldered up a small pin hole good luck finding your leak.