• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 580k backhoe swing arm wont swing

andreabaker

i have a 97 case 580k backhoe and the swing arm will only swing half way to he left but all the way to the right. Any ideas on why it wont go all the way left?

fpgm04

Last edited:

andreabaker

Thanks for quick reply so far we have changed cam roller and linkage, the valve body, repacked the rams, and we still have problems going to the left. it seems like pressure is not bleeding back on the ram.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Sounds like you have gone to alot of trouble to try to sort this problem.
I hope all the hoses were marked before removal & refitted into their proper places......
The adjustment on these is very critical & it does not need to be out by much to affect the swing cushioning operation.
A 1/4 turn on the adjusting link is enough to throw the whole thing out of wack.
Here is yet another thread that discusses the issue.

:drinkup

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
I am sure that you have checked the pin to make sure the locating bolt and collar are in position, I have had some completely gone and the pin turns out of position. Everyone has right info on that cam adjustment being critical, I'm just adding to the list of possibilities.

Mel

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Thanks for the links. I'll look into the flow restrictors. I've already been through the whole proportioning valve process. It now swings equally left & right, and does slow travel speed before it hits the stops.