• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580CK tachometer drive puller for 188D diesel

Festeraxp

Occupation
I walk the toughest blocks in State
Lol. Yeah I’ll get that plug tomorrow. Slowly but surely I’m getting there. So you think I have the gauges hooked up wrong or do you think they are just all shot? I know hard to ask that without you seeing them.

Tinkerer

Hard to to tell from northern Illinois.:)
Get the alternator wired correctly then see what the gauges do is all I can suggest. Seems strange they all quit tho. I'm sure you will get everything working.

Festeraxp

Occupation
I’m looking forward to getting it done. Then time to pull the back hydraulic cylinders and repack them. At least I know what I’m doing on that.

Festeraxp

Occupation
Where do I begin today. I must have it wired up wrong. Bought the connector. Wired it up and boom the light is still on with no key in it. So it has to be wrong somewhere on my end.

Festeraxp

Occupation
I just went off of the way it was when I got it. It ran so I figured it must be right but that’s why I’m here to pick the knowledgeable people’s brains.

Festeraxp

Occupation
Now im really really confused, when I try starting the backhoe the starter just keeps going and going and going.

Tinkerer

Is the red light for the alternator wired to the ign. terminal ? Or is it on the bat. terminal ?
Either the ignition switch is stuck in the start position or it is broken internally. Or the starter solenoid is stuck.

Funny farm

Occupation
Red seal,high pressure certified welder
I too just completely re wired my ck. Here are the scematics I based my re do on. Made some changes cause I used an alt and an ammeter gauge. As well as added a relay to power up a fuse block for accessory’s ect. 85C08452-C803-4A70-9B5B-357AB2914B1C.png029B12B3-1EB5-4FE4-9CFD-5FAF77747448.png258D2C87-503B-40C7-A3F6-B14C27CE15A3.png3BED977B-366F-48D0-B390-B17F729813CB.jpeg

Funny farm

Occupation
Red seal,high pressure certified welder
And yes I took screen shot pictures of most of them in this forum. Would share the link to the post but all I have are the pictures right now. Good luck.