• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580c shuttle issue

Brad_Alvord98

Good afternoon, yesterday while running my 580c my shuttle shift transmission started acting up. Forward works fine, neutral on the column is now also forward, and reverse isn’t moving almost like the brakes are on. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this and have any input before I look into a new shuttle transmission. I played with some of the wiring which is a mess and am hoping it may be the root of the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated!

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Welcome to HEF @Brad_Alvord98

Unfortunately, the forward clutch pack is toasted due to a broken bellville washer/spring. This causes the pack to lock into forward with the broken bits of washer interlocking together, hence causing drive when in neutral & not driving anywhere in reverse. (fwd & rev engaged at same time)

The power shuttle needs to be removed & rebuilt.

Brad_Alvord98

Welcome to HEF @Brad_Alvord98

Unfortunately, the forward clutch pack is toasted due to a broken bellville washer/spring. This causes the pack to lock into forward with the broken bits of washer interlocking together, hence causing drive when in neutral & not driving anywhere in reverse. (fwd & rev engaged at same time)

The power shuttle needs to be removed & rebuilt.
Do you have any recommendations on a company to get a rebuilt one from?