• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580c brakes

Doug Brown

My brake pedal moves and feels like it should be stopping my machine. They will stop it but not very easy. Is this normal for these machines or is there anything I should be looking at

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
If there is any oil present on the brake linings due to leaking seals - braking efficiency will be drastically reduced.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
After addressing the above mentioned oil issue from the diff. lock seal being puked on the right side brakes, my machine still wouldn't stop worth a crap...When I disassembled the disc/drum assy. found the balls that allow the assy. to rotate and expand were badly rusted and flat spotted from sitting for so long...Once cleaned and balls replaced it stops much better...I had already replaced the brake band assys. and did the drum linings while it was apart for good measure..