• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580 super M

Phoneguy

The bucket snaps back throwing material out of the back of bucket. It happens when the bucket is about 3" from the stops.Is there an adjustment for this?

stourpaine

Occupation
Retired mechanic
check to see if the cylinder rods or rods are straight or if it is binding.....if that's not the case you could put a orifice in both the hoses that make the bucket curl back. This will slow it down and smooth it up

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
What Tinkers says. My 580 Super M auto levels as I lift and you can't make it roll back no matter what. I feature I don't necessarily like because once the buckets raised 3 or 4' ft. off the ground you can't tip it back.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
What Tinkers says. My 580 Super M auto levels as I lift and you can't make it roll back no matter what. I feature I don't necessarily like because once the buckets raised 3 or 4' ft. off the ground you can't tip it back.
That sounds like the auto leveling is not set correctly.
I can and do roll back my bucket, especially with a full load of gravel at about 6 or 7 feet to spill the gravel further back, so I do lose any while traveling.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Put bucket level on ground and adjust micro switch to contact cam. Also check linkage going back to control valve. There are grease fittings on bell cranks.

Phoneguy

Thanks. Ordered new micro switch. What is the adjustment procedure for the small cable with turnbuckles on the ends coming from the cam plate?