1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Case 580 LE oils

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by LRT Caleb, Sep 7, 2022.

1. LRT Caleb

LRT Caleb New Member

Self employed field mechanic
    I have a 1998 Case 580LE 4wd to service and the book specifies Hytran for the trans and MS1210 or TCH for the hydraulics.

Wondering if it is strictly necessary to run TCH in the hydraulics and if I can use an alternative without causing issues?

Also, I'm a bit puzzled why the trans doesn't run TCH? I assume it is a Carraro.

2. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

TCH does not have the anti-chatter additives need for clutches and brake linings.
    You could use an TCH alternative brand oil provided it meets the CNH branded specifications.

LRT Caleb likes this.
  3. alrman

alrman Senior Member

Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
    There's no problem using 68 hydraulic oil for the hydraulics.
    If the transmission is shuttleshift - yes, use the Hy Trans
    If it is powershift - use ATF III
    The rear axle will use Hy Trans BUT you will need to also use Case Axle Additive (402982A2) with it.

LRT Caleb likes this.
  4. LRT Caleb

LRT Caleb New Member

Self employed field mechanic
    Thanks for that info - much appreciated!