• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580 frustrating hydraulic line removal

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
giphy.gif

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
A 1 1/4" crowfoot i made to crack hydraulic lines in tuff places on my backhoe. I stick a bar in the open end for leverage.

Attachments

• 20230405_085430.jpg
    20230405_085430.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23

Abseim

You're gonna need two line wrenches to get that off. A line wrench barely fits around the line part because it goes around five corners of a hex nut, two of those together will let you apply force with both hands squeezing and not twist the steel line.

Hammering the flats like Willie described will help. Even if you only reach one or two, put some steel behind the hex nut and smack with the ball end of a ball peen hammer.

Or like cosmarr said, cut the hose and use a socket or box end wrench on that part, and a box end wrench on the bigger hex.
Just wanted to say that I just used this amazing tip to break loose the final lines that have been evading me for several weeks now! I held a 4lb sledge behind the hex nut and gave it a few enthusiastic hits with a 20oz estwing.

Thanks Delmer!

edgephoto

Just wanted to say that I just used this amazing tip to break loose the final lines that have been evading me for several weeks now! I held a 4lb sledge behind the hex nut and gave it a few enthusiastic hits with a 20oz estwing.Thanks Delmer!
Never hit a hammer with a hammer........first rule of fight club trade school