• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 480C box blade don't wanna go

d9gdon

Case 480C of my neighbors has been leaking oil out of the torque converter for the past year and I told him to get it fixed.

Now, it doesn't want to barely go forward in any gear. When you pull it into neutral, it stops like you have the parking brake on.

Put it in reverse and he said it goes backwards.

Anybody know what I should look for? He's a good neighbor...

sheepfoot

The forward clutch spring, they will brake and cause what you have going on. Could be some other issues due to low oil levels that need a good inspection when pulling it down. Most can be pulled rebuilt and installed in a day plus some, not a bad job if you have the parts handy.

d9gdon

The forward clutch spring, they will brake and cause what you have going on. Could be some other issues due to low oil levels that need a good inspection when pulling it down. Most can be pulled rebuilt and installed in a day plus some, not a bad job if you have the parts handy.

Thank you sheepfoot.

Is this the correct part, #12 in the parts diagram?

http://www.colemanequip.com/Case-480C-Loader-Backhoes-Parts/No-Description-vg/POWER-SHUTTLE-INPUT-SHAFT-AND-FORWARD-CLUTCH-0orq/