• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 450CT Conversion drive motors

CFry

Looking for opinions on how to proceed.

Loader Parts Source offers a conversion setup to ditch the Rexroth Drives and go with new Bonfiglioli drives. They are similar in cost of to repairing my current drives. I may be able to have my drives repaired locally for a little less, but have not gotten them off to get the estimate yet (later this week). Given all the problems I have read about with these drives, is this a better alternative? I dont mind spending more money now to keep from pulling them again in 500 hours. I also noted when removing the gears for towing that they have been repaired at least one other time. Some of the gears had been replaced, and the sun gear on one side had the ends of the teeth knocked off.

Seems that if the Bonfiglioli drives can be sold new for $4K, then repair should be cheaper as well. To purchase a drive that has had both sides rebuilt for the Rexroths is $7200 from Texas Final.

Could I expect better performance, or more failures if I went this route?

Thoughts?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Bonfiglioli drives are used in other OEM drives. Their reputation is good, given they are a newer design and the problems that Rexroth had in the years, I would use them over rebuilding the Rexroth drives of that period. Especially if it is a direct replacement.