• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 450

ross0801

I have a case 450, 1974 model. When it gets warm the right track does not drive. Let it sit overnite, and it works fine unitl it gets warm. IN cold weather, it doesn't act up at all. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong?

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Welcome to HEF ross0801!

Could be a number of things to cause your problem. A few answers to questions may help.
Firstly, when the problem is evident, does it attempt to drive at all? As the machine warms up, is it a slow loss of drive or does it happen suddenly?
Does the transmission pressure gauge on the dash work? Hows the pressure cold & then warm? In neutral & then in drive
Do the brakes work? & do they neutralize the drive when applied?

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
I see this post is from 12/28/12 and I hope you have an answer to your problem , but if not, A sticky master cylinder or a broken brake pedal return spring can cause the brake fluid to not return to the master cylinder and heat expansion of the trapped fluid can cause the clutch disconnect to disengage the track. I would lift the floorboard and withy a 1/4 in wrench loosen the bleeder on the cylinder and let it open then operate the machine to see if the problem reoccours. This is amore common issue than you may suspect.

Otherwise alrmans questions need answered to zero in on the problem, H&L speed trans pressures with hot oil will give a idea of clutch seals and shaft sealing rings integrity.

Mel