• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 450 Track Loader

algloria1

Hi: My loader will only stay running if I loosen a fitting so that fuel squirts out.
Any suggestions
Thanks
Al

ianto36

Occupation
Railway maintenance
There is a screw tap close to the tank under the seat ,perhaps it has closed with vibration over time?
Good luck
Ian

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If it starts without the return connector.. look at the bottom of it..
U see the glass ball?? Try to look thru it.. if u see black specs around the ball, chances are the “plastic” flex ring in the pumps has deteriorated and is breaking up..
There’s no magic that’ll fix it..
U can try to clean/blow out the checkball and reinstall it but good money says the flex ring is the problem..

algloria1

There is a screw tap close to the tank under the seat ,perhaps it has closed with vibration over time?
Good luck
Ian
Thanks for your advice. I got it going but bogs and almost stops when pushing heavy load. Even trying to turn left or right it does not move like it should