• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE 450 . DIESEL

mcprp

I have a case 450 sn 3068986 . the manual says it has a generator so at some time someone must have changed it to an alternator . I have the wire schematic for the generator but need a very similar schematic for a alternator. I need to identify where each wire goes to the key switch bat,acc,ign,and swtch .can anyone please help me out with this. IMG_0094.jpg

mcprp

I have a case 450 sn 3068986 . the manual says it has a generator so at some time someone must have changed it to an alternator . I have the wire schematic for the generator but need a very similar schematic for a alternator. I need to identify where each wire goes to the key switch bat,acc,ign,and swtch .can anyone please help me out with this. View attachment 199789
maybe someone can draw me a picture and just show where the wires go eliminating the voltage regulator . . I know the gauges all run to the battery of the switch I need to know starter solenoid , alternator, . to what position on the key switch ( all wires )

Tinkerer

Did someone disconnect all of the wires you are referring to ?
Especially the ignition switch.
Quiet the challenge for someone to explain all of it over the internet.
Are you wanting to eliminate the voltage regulator ? That part of your question is confusing, at least it is for me.
You have a motorola 8AR20262F alternator and the voltage regulator is mounted on the back of it.

Last edited:

mcprp

Did someone disconnect all of the wires you are referring to ?
Especially the ignition switch.
Quiet the challenge for someone to explain all of it over the internet.
never mind , I thought I explained clearly what I want . now this is confusing . I meant eliminating the voltage regulator that is in the wiring diagram I posted . I HAVE A ALTERNATOR . IT DOESNT REQUIRE A SEPERATE VOLTAGE REGULATOR BECAUSE IT HAS ONE BUILT INTO IT . BASICALLY I WANT A WIRE DIAGRAM FOR A DOZER WITH A ALTERNATOR THAT CLEARLY SHOWS WHERE THE WIRES RUN TO THE KEY SWITCH . THATS ALL .

Tinkerer

That sure looks to be an original alternator.
It is.
It is a Motorola.
Case 450's before 7/68 has a generator, anything after 7/68 has an alternator.
I don't know if Case ever printed an updated service manual fer the 450 with the alternator in the wiring schematic.
I have the 1973 edition and there is no alternator in the schematics. Only a generator.
The OP may be S#L for what he wants.

Last edited:

chroniekon

john-deere-l120-carburetor-diagram-wiring-diagram-g8-throughout-john-deere-tractor-parts-diagram-l120.jpg
I found this on a google search. It said it was for a case 450 dozer, but did not specify a year.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Alternator listed, Main Batt wire(P or Purple) and Warning Lamp wire, POSSIBLY a Ground wire to engine or to alternator frame.

mcprp

Alternator listed, Main Batt wire(P or Purple) and Warning Lamp wire, POSSIBLY a Ground wire to engine or to alternator frame.
ok so im going to try to make this easier . can anyone connect the dot for me . this is a drawing i made with a close up of the alternator . i dont know which lug on the alternator is positive and which one is the exciter lug . IMG_0099.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 11

mcprp

I'm going to guess the larger stud goes to the starter and the smaller lug is for the exciter circuit.
im adummy , i admit it when it comes to electric but this is a basic ingnition . it doesnt get any easier than this . i know you guys have got to know this .

mcprp

im a dummy , i admit it when it comes to electric but this is a basic ignition . it doesn't get any easier than this . i know you guys have got to know this .
I WAS REALLY HOPING SOMEONE COULD HELP ME OUT HERE . COME ON FELLA;S THIS IS BASIC , I GOT NO ONE ELSE TO ASK . IVE WATCHED 10 DIFFERENT VIDEO'S LOOKED AT 50 DIFFERENT WIRING DIAGRAMS BUT YOU CAN NEVER SEE THE PLACE ON THE KEY SWITCH IT ATTACHES . AND I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHICH LUG IS WHICH ON THIS ALTERNATOR . THIS IS THREE BASIC COMPONENTS , I KNOW WHERE THE GAUGES AND THE CIRCUIT BREAKERS GO

mcprp

I WAS REALLY HOPING SOMEONE COULD HELP ME OUT HERE . COME ON FELLA;S THIS IS BASIC , I GOT NO ONE ELSE TO ASK . IVE WATCHED 10 DIFFERENT VIDEO'S LOOKED AT 50 DIFFERENT WIRING DIAGRAMS BUT YOU CAN NEVER SEE THE PLACE ON THE KEY SWITCH IT ATTACHES . AND I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHICH LUG IS WHICH ON THIS ALTERNATOR . THIS IS THREE BASIC COMPONENTS , I KNOW WHERE THE GAUGES AND THE CIRCUIT BREAKERS GO
COULD IT BE THIS WAY ?
IMG_0100.jpg