• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 420CT Series 3 thoughts?

David Boreham

I'm considering purchasing a Case 420CT Series 3 with 1000-ish hours, private sale. From the pictures the machine looks to have been not abused. Besides the obvious things like play in joints and engine issues, it'd be great to hear any thoughts on this machine and what to look out for for when inspecting. I'm buying to use on my property: road/driveway maintenance and construction, heavy landscaping (offloading and moving big boulders) and creek/pond construction, also some snow removal since we have that stuff here in the winter. Possibly run an blower on it, perhaps some auger hole digging eventually. (This is not a high flow machine, but Case "low" flow seems to be quite a bit higher than the low flow on equivalent Bobcats). I already have a mini-excavator so probably won't be digging much with this machine. Thanks!