• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845C wheel motors

ironage

Hi all. I just got a couple seal kits for the wheel motors on my 1845C and started to reseal them. The issue I have run into is I think someone had them apart before and may not have gotten them back together properly. There seems ports on the sections that I would assume should line up but they don't. I marked the housing when taking them apart but noticed these holes not being in line when reassembling it. Would someone have a service breakdown of the wheel motor so I can be sure to get them back together correct. The motors are the new style without the planetary between them and the chain case, they are danfoss OMT 250 series.
My machine seemed to work fine but the left side was always a little behind, I just figured it was a linkage issue but when I pulled that motor apart there were a couple blown O rings. I didn't take the right motor apart yet, wanted to figure the oil ports out first.

Thanks.

Goose

There is a timing procedure to reassemble these motors. The rotor has to be in time with the port plate or the motor will run backwards. I will see if I can find a copy and get it to you.

ironage

Thanks Goose that would be great! From the sound of the weather im going to need my skid steer to dig out of the snow lol, calling for 20 to 25 cm over the next couple days with winds.
Thanks again.