• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 1845c uniloader fan hub bearing crossover number

rmslush

Just wanted to let you guys know about a bearing number (J910739), through case is about $180.00, did hours of research and found a bearing that crosses perfectly...... National number is (510014) Advance Auto Parts $54.00. This a wheel bearing for a Diahatsu. Specs are 35mm ID, 64mm OD, 37mm Width. I bought one and installed it, works perfect...... if it will support the weight of a car, it will carry the weight of a fan on an 1845c case uniloader.

rmslush

MikeK999

As a follow-up, in September of 2017 my 1996 1845c skid steer, with only 1150hrs, had it's Fan Bracket (aka Fan Hub) fail recently (the bearing died and the fan was wobbly). Case parts suppliers will tell you you have to replace the whole assembly ($380). Ebay has a few rusty used stuff for $180. But, the bearing is used on ALL Cummins fan hubs, including Dodge trucks... it's the same exact bearing (and there's a lot of people complaining about them too!). Anyway, I purchased just the bearing from www.GenosGarage.com for $48 (NSK part# BD35-12AT12DDU8-01). That bearing is THE bearing used in all Cummins Fan Brackets... regardless of engine or vehicle manufacturer.

To do the fix... remove the Fan Bracket, take-out the cir-clip, remove the axial bolt (it's the only bolt in the thing), then place a big socket over the bearing and knock it out (a couple of light hits and it drops out). To replace: freeze the bearing to shrink it, knock it into the bracket with a rubber mallet, put-in the cir-clip, put-in the bolt. The job's done!! Hope this saves you guys $340!!! It did me. :)

Reactions: 3X8